So, I finally decided what to do with my Ralphbucks!
Yes, that’s right, I bought a PDA. It’s a Palm TX. It has a nice, large, bright screen (320x480… compared to your average Pocket PC which is at 240x320), a 312 Mhz XScale processor (about half the speed of the top-of-the-line models, but still no slouch), built in WiFi and Bluetooth support, and I’m sure many other bells and whistles.
Now, you may be asking yourself, “What the heck does he need a PDA, for?”. Well, among other things, I can:
- Read eBooks with PalmFiction
- Review Go games with PilotGOne.
- View skycharts with Pilot Planets.
- Work on Sudoku puzzles with Palm Sudoku
- Play interactive fiction with CliFrotz (HHGTTG, anyone?)
- Control computers remotely with pssh and PalmVNC.
- Use it as a Wacom tablet with PalmWac.
- Play various old-school emulated games with Little John PalmOS.
Not to mention all the things you can do with the stock software, such as:
- Access email or browse the web.
- Listen to my music collection (it natively supports OGGs!) or watch video.
- View/edit various document formats, spreadsheets, etc.
- Do organizey, day-plannery type things.
- Use it as a glorified calculator.
Basically, it’s gonna be totally sweet. :) Plus, if I get really bored, there’s plenty of free SDKs for this thing, meaning I can hack up my own software if I like!
So, look forward to reviews of the device after it finally arrives (though, as of this writing, Futureshop claims to have not even shipped the damn thing yet… bastards!)
No webmentions were found.