|2 T||Oil, divided|
|1 T||Cajun seasoning|
|10 oz||Andouille sausage|
|1 lb||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1||Small green pepper, diced|
|2||Celery stalks, diced|
|3 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|16 oz||Crushed tomatos|
|1/2 t||Red pepper flakes|
|1/2 t||Ground black pepper|
|1/2 t||Hot pepper sauce|
|2 t||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1/4 C||White rice|
|4 C||Chicken broth|
- Season sausage with cajun seasoning and brown in 1 T oil, then remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add rest of oil, then brown chicken and remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pot, saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic until tender.
- Add crushed tomatos, red pepper, black pepper, salt, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add chicken and sausage, then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.